myths and facts
Seeking asylum is a human right.
- What does it mean to seek asylum?
- Who are asylum seekers?
- What are people saying in my community?
- Is seeking asylum legal?
All individuals are responsible for getting the FACTS right. There is much misinformation about refugees in Australia. For more information on asylum seekers refer to Who is a refugee? » The laws.
It is important to know the truth. Each section of this website will help with the facts.
There are many other websites that will help to sort out myth from fact.
- NSW University Centre for Refugee Research Celebrating Refugee Lives Booklet
- Refugee Council of Australia Mythbuster
- The Centre for Policy Development Refugee Facts
- Amnesty International Australia Frequently Asked Questions
- Asylum Seeker Resource Centre Resource for Teachers (myths and facts)
For teaching and learning activities around myths and facts refer to Teaching ideas » who is a refugee?